Who You Wanna Be?

zwani.com myspace graphic comments

Be Who You Want

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Success Stories: "I met my best friend, soul mate and partner for life." By Marcy M., 43, Beaverton, Michigan

I have finally met my soul mate and life partner after 43 years. I had used Yahoo! Personals for four years. I met a few people who I dated, and many friends. This time, I was not looking for a relationship -- I had just gotten out of one. I was only looking for a friend. My daughter and I were moving 150 miles away, to try to change our lives. I just wanted to meet someone to show us around, hang around with, and have a friend in our new neighborhood.

Couldn't stop talking - I started chatting with Craig before I moved. Once we started talking we couldn't stop. We found out we had so much in common and it was unbelievable how we even thought the same things, had the same outlook and feelings about life. It was kind of scary how much we thought and felt alike -- it all actually sounded too good to be true. We chatted every day for six weeks before we finally met in person. I took my brother and my daughter with me to the restaurant to meet him for the first time.

Once we met in person, we didn't stop seeing each other, and we were together almost every day. We discovered we did not want to be just friends and had found love. One month later we moved in together, and one year later we were married. May 27, 2006, was our wedding date. We wrote our own vows and said a thank you to Yahoo!. We had a beautiful day, and all our friends and family were there. I want to thank you, Yahoo!, for making my move the best move of my life and for helping me to meet my best friend, soul mate, and partner for life.

Success tips from Marcy:
Don't give out personal information. When you find someone you are interested in, make your first meeting in a public place. Have someone else with you or let someone know where you will be, and call them before and after the meeting. I never had any bad luck, but we all know there are not so good people out there. Caution is best!


Talk for a while before you plan to meet, don't be in a hurry. Really try to get to know someone through chatting. You can find out a lot about a person.


First date: We went to a restaurant and had dinner and a drink.

No comments: