Who You Wanna Be?

zwani.com myspace graphic comments

Be Who You Want

Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Confession

God's Love

I have a confession to make. One that concerns you. I've been hiding something from you. Something that I've kept so long. Too long that it is worth nothing now.

I concealed it somewhere. Somewhere so deep. That when I tried to claw it out before. I only made it sink two more feet.

This thing I hid from you. You never realized it was there. This fragile thing you see. Had always been sitting here.

I finally dug it out. I cleansed it as much as I could. I even fixed its' faults. And made it welcoming too.

I doubt it matters that I have it. I have more doubts that you remember. How foolish was I to think you'd look for it. Despite that fact you've never acknowledge it.

I'll let you guess what it is. Something you promised me before. Something you gave me. And stole it right back. Before I had the chance to give you yours.

Can you guess what I went through. To bring it back to you. To bring this little thing. That I've kept hidden from you.

It needs some repairs. I've dropped it along the way. It may have some jagged edges. But I still carried them anyways.

These dirtied nails that clawed my way through. These stains on my clothes are proof I meant it for you. These tiny fragments you see cut inside are only the small things I've sacrificed.

This is my confession. Are you aware of its cry. The faintest sound from you makes it race for the finish line. Please accept my benevolence gift. Before I it becomes a sorrowful goodbye.

No comments: